This Policy is part of The Pump’s Terms of Service. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and agree to the provisions in both our Terms of Service and this Policy; if you do not accept, please do not use our Service.
The Pump reserves the right to change this Policy at any time at its sole discretion. Any changes shall be effective immediately after being posted to our Site or provided to you. If we make changes to this Policy without materially changing your rights, we will post the updated Policy on our Site. We will also provide notice, as appropriate, if we make a change to the Policy that materially changes your rights. When you use our Service after a change is posted, you are accepting the updated terms, where permitted by law.
- Personal Data We Receive
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- How We Retain Your Personal Data
- Security of Your Personal Data
- Third-Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
Personal Data We Receive
We receive “Personal Data,” in order to provide you with our Services. Personal Data is information from or about an identified or identifiable person, including data you provide to us and data we collect automatically, for example, through the use of our Service.
Depending on how you use the Service (e.g., whether you create an account, use the app, or just visit the Site), we may receive:
- Personal identifiers. When you sign up for an account through our Site or mobile app, or when you fill out a form, including to contact us, we may collect information such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Payment information. We may receive payment information when you sign up for one of our paid Services, including credit card information.
- Fitness information. As part of your use of our Services, we may receive information about your general fitness level as well as information related to your nutrition, interests, training goal, intensity level, equipment type, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, height, and weight.
- The Pump usage information. When you use our Service, we receive information about your history and use of our Pump Service, including settings and preferences, videos watched, engagement metrics (e.g., workouts initiated, workouts completed, completion history), features engaged with, comments you post, a short description of yourself, your profile picture, your progress, badges, and time spent on features.
- Settings and personal preferences. To provide you with the Service, we may store information about your use of the Service, including information about your personal preferences and settings.
- Communications. When you communicate with us, or with others through our Service, we may receive information relating to those communications, including the communications themselves, information relating to support questions, information about your account, and other information you or others provide.
- Site technical usage information and log data. When you visit or use the Site, we log and store information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address, internet browser type, and technical information about your visit and use, like how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it . We may use your IP address to determine your general location. When you use our mobile app, we collect analytic information about your device, such as IP address, operating system version, and device ID.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We receive, collect, use, process, and store your Personal Data to:
- Provide the Service, including the Site, the Pump fitness program, customer assistance, account administration, personalizing the service (e.g., exercises and nutrition plans based on usage data and demographic information), and otherwise helping you on your fitness journey.
- Communicate with you, including sending you fitness-related information by email, push notifications, in-app notifications, marketing and promotions, phone, chat, or otherwise, in accordance with your account settings, communication preferences, your interactions with communications, and how you reach out to us. We also may send you information related to the Service, support and administrative messages, technical notices, updates, alerts, and other information, as needed.
- Allow you to interact with other users of the Service.
- Improve the Service and develop new products and features.
- Legal and security reasons, including to prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited, or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service; protect the security of the Service and your information; and to comply with legal requirements, including asserting or defending a legal claim.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data within the limits and circumstances provided under this Policy, with your consent, or in one of the following circumstances:
- To provide the Service. We may share Personal Data with vendors that are contractually engaged to provide us with services, such as cloud service providers, and other services for maintaining our systems, processing credit card payments, managing our relationship with you.
- For legal reasons and safety. We may share Personal Data with relevant law enforcement bodies if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request; (b) to enforce or comply with the Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; and (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Pump, its employees, users, or the public.
- Change of control. We may share Personal Data with providers of professional services, potential purchasers, or investors in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company. We will notify you if a different company will receive your Personal Data and the promises in this Policy will apply to your data after it is transferred to the new entity, unless you are given notice and an opportunity to stop using the Service.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
Unless otherwise stated, we retain Personal Data and other information you provide or otherwise make available to us for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described above.
We use the following criteria to determine how long to retain Personal Data:
- Our relationship with you, and the products and services we provide to you;
- Legal reasons (including obligations, and for our own legal purposes, including enforcing our agreements or litigation); and
- Technical considerations and feasibility, including the level of protections in place for your Personal Data.
Security of Your Personal Data
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical controls to protect Personal Data under our control and maintain appropriate security on our systems. Despite our efforts, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Data we receive.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree and acknowledge that The Pump will not be liable or responsible for use or disclosure of your information resulting from unauthorized or illegal access to our systems or those of third parties. If you believe the security of your communications or Personal Data has been compromised, please notify us immediately using the contact information below.
The Services may contain links to access other websites and online services that may not be owned, operated, or otherwise associated with The Pump. The Pump does not control and does not accept any responsibility or liability for what outside entities do in connection with their websites or online services, or how they handle your Personal Data. Please check the individual policies and notices of these other websites and online services for further information.
Minors under 18 are not permitted to use our Site without express parental or guardian consent to both use the Services and be bound by our Terms of Service and this Policy. We do not intentionally collect information from minors under the age of 18, and do not have actual knowledge of sharing Personal Data of a minor under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you should not submit Personal Data to our Service without the consent of your parent or guardian. If you believe we have collected Personal Data from a child younger than 18 years of age, please notify us immediately here: [email protected].
We do not sell or share for targeted advertising purposes the Personal Data of any individuals, and therefore necessarily do not sell or share for targeted advertising purposes the information of children of any age.
If you would like to request access to your Personal Data, need help correcting your Personal Data, or would like to delete your account or Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected]. Please specify in your request what Personal Data you would like to access, correct, or delete.
If you otherwise have any questions about our Policy or privacy practices, or if you need to access the Policy in an alternative format due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].